1st Birthday Cakes for A Pair of Adorable Twins

My very 1st time in making cakes for another pair of twins in June last year ;)

Baby Mickey & Baby Minnie Theme for a pair of twins' 1st birthday (a baby boy and a baby girl). Grateful for your support, Shirley!



Spent more than two weeks in preparing all the decorations, this was my 1st time in making 3D Mickey & Minnie figurines and I would want it to be the most look-alike. I think these sets were the 3rd or 4th pieces which the most "look-alike" sets.. Satisfying sets.. hehe


Their mommy requested that the number 1 need to be highlighted. Googled on baby Mickey image, I referred to the Baby Mickey and Baby Minnie's color.

Both cakes' design were finalized one week before their birthday like the mini choo-choo train, toy blocks, the display of the name. This time I covered the cake board with sugar paste, not plain color sugar paste but with some baby theme shapes. Most decorations were hand moulded and some with tools. It explains that longer time is needed to prepare the decorations without using any mould/cutters.

For viewing pleasures ^^


Mini buttons were cut out by using a round size cutter, and poke a two tiny holes by using a toothpick to make it look like a real button. Manually cut out the two pieces of curvy shape for the Birthday wishes, imprint the wording then pipe the words with royal icing.





For baby Minnie, 1st time in making this large size of 3D ribbon bow, and its a one time go!.. phew~ I was so worry it will crack or somewhat accidentally break it.. I made this bow much early to let it air dry and do you know that how crazy was I that checking on it few times a day!.. (under stress-mode.. hehe)


I used the candy stick as an extension to display baby Sophia name behind so that both cakes with different looking style ^^

I brushed the bow and Happy Birthday with some pearl dust for the sparkling appearance.




Thank you for stopping by... Happy New Year :)

Comments

Popular Posts